Monday, June 9, 2008

Band Concert and Tween Fashion Consultants



Tonight was Kelsey's 6th grade beginning band concert. We tried to get pictures of her playing, but she was always behind a music stand. (She is in the orange shirt.)


Kelsey and her friends Jennifer and Theresa (they all play the flute)

Kelsey has learned a lot this year on the flute. We have two flutes, but our fourth invisible child some how smashed the keys on my flute....so we haven't been able to play any duets together yet.


Emily and Jacob hanging out and waiting patiently.

This weekend the girls and I went out shopping together. I told the girls I wanted to look for a new fleece jacket for myself because I was tired of the one I was wearing. Out of the blue Emily says "You need a new jacket...that one is frumpy looking." I laughed...(what 10 year old says the word FRUMPY!) and then Kelsey adds to the comment..."If you were on 'What not to Wear' they would tell you to throw that in the trash." At this point they have me laughing. Oh yes, Emily has more advice for me..."They would tell you to wear tighter clothes too." Thanks for the fashion advice girls, I'm feeling great about my clothes now!


When we left the band concert tonight it was windy, raining and 48 degrees outside. The local news here has renamed the month to....'June-uary'........Seattle's average high temp so far for the month is 57.2 degrees. This is the coldest first 9 days of June in Seattle history. (I guess I better find a new coat soon, or that frumpy one may just have to come back out of the closet!)

No comments: