Friday, September 17, 2010

27 Weeks

Hello third trimester....which means I'm slightly more than 2/3rds of the way to this baby girls due date. For some reason, it sounds like forever. Thankfully I haven't had any more "kidney stone attacks." The sciatica has calmed down and I only have random shooting pains on my right side, but nothing like what was happening a few weeks ago.

I really need to try and force myself to go to bed before midnight every night. Since school started, I'm averaging between 5-6 hours of sleep every night before my crazy morning routine gets started for the day. I'm naturally a night owl and have never been a nap taker, but I take a daily morning nap that generally lasts 2-2 1/2 hours during the school week. One thing I really miss is our old water bed that we got rid of about 10 years ago. (Ok, how 80's does that sound?) I really missed it when I was pregnant with Jacob and I really miss it now. There are no pressure points on the body with a water bed and it's heated. I never had trouble sleeping when I was pregnant with the girls, but I toss and turn all night with aching shoulders and hips with this pregnancy. So my 5-6 hours of sleep at night is probably a little less than that, with all the turning I do constantly and a few trips to the bathroom thrown in as well.

I had my gestational diabetes screening and test for anemia. I've never had GD with any of my pregnancies, but I was anemic with Kelsey. The test results were normal for GD and I thought the results were normal for anemia, but then the drs. office emailed me and said that I was anemic. The baby was measuring large 3 weeks ago at my last appointment. The dr. told me he thought I might be having a large little girl. I told him that I had been hoping that since this baby was a girl, she might be a little smaller than the last baby I delivered and that I really didn't want to have a big baby. (The dr. just laughed at me, and told me he has delivered quite a few big baby girls.....I don't know what I think of that.) Since she was measuring on the larger side at my 18 week ultra sound, and still is measuring large, I will probably have another ultra sound in a few weeks to check on her weight. I really am hoping for a 7 pounder when she arrives....hey, I can hope right?

I'm sorry that this post is kind of full of complaints. We women know what were getting ourselves into, and we choose usually to do it again a few times. Somehow, it never seems so bad and hard once our little ones our placed into our arms though. (I think I'm still in a little denial that I actually have to give birth to this baby :)

No comments: