Monday, November 9, 2009

Double Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake

I found a very yummy recipe for pumpkin cheesecake on allrecipes.com. It has a 5 star rating and over 800+ reviews, and those reviews were right!!!

Ingredients:
2 (8 ounce) packages of cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust (I made my own crust and put it in a cheesecake pan.)
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 pinch ground cloves
1 pinch ground nutmeg
Whipped cream

Directions:
Preheat oven to 325.

Combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla, beat until smooth. Blend in eggs one at a time. Remove 1 cup of batter and spread into bottom of crust.

Add pumpkin, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg to remaining batter and stir gently until well blended. Carefully spread over the batter in the crust.

Bake for 35-40 minutes (I did 35) or until center is almost set. Allow to cool, then refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight. Add a spoonful of whipped cream to the top when serving.

This recipe is great and easy, very light and very yummy!!



I had my hair cut short today....the girls are devastated!! Mike loves it, the girls hate it! (I will let the child remain nameless who told me I would look ugly if I cut it short.)

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Yum! I will definitely be trying this pie for Thanksgiving! Also, I think your hair looks very cute!

allie said...

Love the hair, and I MUST try that cheesecake!

sarita said...

The recipe looks amazing and so does your hair! I can't wait to try it this month. And I LOVE allrecipes.com. I use it all the time.