Monday, June 8, 2009

Maritime Parade

Emily was in the circus club this year at school again. Sat. was the Maritime Parade that they always participate in. It was a lovely rainy Sat. We have been having beautiful weather up here in WA., something like 20+ days of sunshine.....so of course....it literally rained on our parade. I was a bad mom and didn't listen to the instructions of the time we were supposed to be there. We were there way to early last year.....so I thought we could probably show up a little later this year. Well, I was wrong. The traffic was horrible. Emily and I parked over a mile away and made a run for it to get in line for the parade. Of course I was ill prepared to be having to run, wearing flip flops in the rain. Emily's shoes were quite muddy and my feet were all gross with gritty road sludge and my pants were wet to my shins....but hey....we made it right? These are the things that make events memorable....sort of.




Emily and Lindsey



Emily and Mikaela




The Seahawks Blue Thunder drummers...

a little gun powder for the pirates cannon......

made for a grinning little boy.


It still is a beautiful place.... even on a misty, rainy parade morning. Did I forget to mention that I fell over a fallen unicycle right in the middle of the parade?

No comments: