Monday, May 4, 2009

Thoughts Of An Eleven Year Old

Emily had a cold this past weekend....she was SURE that she had the Swine Flu. I kept telling her she didn't and that if I started to freak out, she could freak out. (There was no freaking out I'm proud to say.) She kept taking her temp. with our digital thermometer. She would freak out when it barely registered a temp. At one point she had some soup and then left the room and took her temp.......it registered at 101. I informed her that you can't drink hot or cool liquids right before you take your temp. because then you don't get an accurate reading. Later in the day she ran into the kitchen in a panic, "Oh no, my temp. is to low!" I asked her what is was..."It's only 97, what does that mean?" I informed her that was normal and she was going to live.

When I was making breakfast yesterday, we were talking about being nice to other people. Kelsey laughed and said sometimes I was mean to Dad (Mike). Emily piped in and said "No she isn't. She is always very appreciative of everything that Dad does. Mom doesn't want Dad to get a girlfriend like the men on Oprah." That girl just cracks me up!

No comments: