Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter 2010

Today we had a Easter brunch at our house with our family, Nana, Uncle Brett, our nephew Trevor and our neighbor Parker (who's family was out of town.) After brunch we all headed over to the cemetery to take Dad some Easter flowers. Dad's headstone was up last Sunday when we visited, but it was pouring rain and we didn't remember to bring our camera. Hopefully they will get the grass in soon in this section. The wind was blowing and it had knocked over a lot of the flowers that people had brought. The kids enjoyed walking all over the cemetery fixing everything that had fallen over.

Something about seeing his name on this headstone is very surreal for me. I know he is no longer with us, but there is a big part of me that wants to think he is just off flying on a work trip. I guess he is on a different kind of trip. Dad's just flying with angel wings instead.

(Mom with Dad)
(Brett and I with Dad)

Emily made Papa his own egg.

1 comment:

Shama said...

Jaime, your family has done such a beautiful job of honoring your father. You have all born this so well. I look forward to getting your pictures all on CD for you soon. Love ya.