Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Dad's Military Funeral

Kenneth James Childs military funeral at
Tahoma National Cemetery 3/16/2010 - Kent, WA.

The following poem was read during Dad's service....

Do not stand at my grave and weep;
I am not there, I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow
I am the diamond glints on snow.

I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you awaken in the mornings hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.

I am the soft stars that shine at night.

Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there, I did not die.
by Mary Frye

My brother Brett dedicating the grave.


Trevor and Jacob inspecting where the guns were shooting.

All the family that were in attendance for Dad's funeral.
From far left - Scott, Kelsey, Emily, Aunt Jan (Dad's sister) Mom, Brett, Mike, Jamie, cousin Marshall, Grandpa Layton,
Front row - Trevor, Jacob, Aunt Deidre

No comments: