Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Twelve

Emily turned 12 on the 4th of December. She celebrated with some of her friends at the house and had a little sleep over.

She is such a kind child and I'm so proud to say she's mine. After each present that she opened she would jump up and give each person a hug. We gave her a little projector that helps you design clothes, the girls disappeared upstairs for the rest of the night having their own Project Runway contest.

A few things about Miss Em....

She might just be one the sweetest girls you could ever meet.

Has a really good singing voice. She loves to sing songs by Taylor Swift and Colbie Caillat. She wants to try out for American Idol in 4 more years.

Started playing the flute this year and she practices without being asked all the time.

Can be a real drama queen, she has been like that since she was about one.

Loves little children and babies. She would like another baby in the house...says she'll take care of it and it could sleep in her room. I find this funny because she thinks feeding the dogs is a lot of work.

Received her first secret love note yesterday in her locker at school. The unknown boy says he wants to take her out on a date.....HHhhmmm.....I don't think so!

She is just a little obsessed with the Twilight series and has read every book 3-4 times.

Always tries to do her best and takes her school work very seriously. She wants to go to the University of Washington when she graduates from high school.

Is having trouble deciding what she will be when she grows up. A Dr. that doesn't have to see blood, a teacher, a mom, a singer or an actress. I think she'd be great at any of those things!

Happy 12th Birthday Emily!! We love you!





























































(I crushed up candy canes and sprinkled them on her cupcakes. Our favorite is candy cane crushed and sprinkled on home made frosted sugar cookies.)









I've been struggling a little lately with the fact that my kids are growing up so fast. I want to keep them little for just a little longer. I have been reading a book by the sappy love lady Delilah that's on the radio. The book is called "Love Somebody Today". Each chapter is about the scripture Ecclesiastes 3:1-8. The scripture that begins like this: To everything there is a season, And a time to every purpose under heaven. Each chapter discusses each subject: A time to be born, plant, build up, weep, laugh, mourn, dance, embrace etc. In one of the chapters it talks about different types of mourning and how she has mourned her children growing up. I read this last night. "For now I will watch as they pull away from my protective arms and strive to find their own way. I will mourn their growing up, and I will rejoice that I have had the privilege to do so."
I'm so thankful that I have these 3 wonderful children in my life, they are everything to me. Emily, thank you for still feeling young enough to cuddle with me and squish me in the rocking chair. I will cherish it forever.

No comments: