Friday, September 4, 2009

Jake



When I was pregnant with Kelsey, we had two names picked out....Kelsey and Jacob. We always liked the name, but knew at one point or another, our Jacob would probably turn into "Jake". (No, for those of you who knew me growing up, Jacob is NOT named after my Golden Retriever Jake. Although, I really loved that dog!)

At meet the teacher last week, Jacob informed his teacher he was "Jake". So I came home and labeled everything "Jake" for him. I knew this was coming.

When Mike was growing up, there would always be several Mikes in his class. In 4th grade Mike decided without telling his parents, that he was now going by "Tom". (His middle name is Thomas.) I've seen little pieces of art work his mom saved and it always cracks me up to see the "one" year he was "Tom".

Jacob is looking over my shoulder as I write this and he now is telling me he likes Jacob better than Jake.....go figure...he'll probably always, be Jacob to me.

No comments: