Wednesday, September 3, 2008

It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year

I think that one of my favorite commercials on T.V. is a Staples back to school add. There is a dad dancing down the aisles with a big grin because he is buying the kids school supplies. The kids are somberly walking behind the dad like they are on their way to prison. The Christmas song 'It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year' is blaring along with the dad happily skipping down the aisle. (Ok, so it really isn't my most favorite time of the year. I think that I like the beginning of summer the best, when life seems to wind down a little. But, I will admit, there is a sigh of relief when the children make their climb up on to the school bus.)

The day started off pretty well. The kids were all pretty excited for their first day. We were so early for Kelsey's bus, that she was sure it wasn't coming to get her because we had to wait so long for it to come. After waiting forever for Kelsey's bus, we almost missed Jacob and Emily's bus. The bus was already there when we got there, and the kids had to make a run for it. How we managed that, I don't know! So off the kids went to 7th, 5th and 2nd grade........I'm not sure I like them being this old.....what happened to preschool?

2 comments:

allie said...

Wow! It is weird to think that Kelsey is probably the same age as you and I when we became friends! I love that you have a blog so I can see your cute family.

K@ said...

Stumbled on your site while surfing around. Very cute birthday cake. I have to admit I love that Staples commercial also--back to school really is the best time of year! My son is a Sophmore and my daughter started 5th grade. High school, now THAT's when you really start saying what happened to grade school???